Personal Insurance Customer Service Agent
PRIMARY ROLE: Service of insurance needs to existing client base to ensure continued profitable agency growth. Develop relationships, sell additional coverages to existing clients, and retain existing, assigned accounts.
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS: Be a prompt, detail orientated, team player following established procedures. Display true empathy and desire to help existing clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Pro-actively contact clients to review accounts, discuss coverage gaps and advise best courses of action
- Service existing clients with policy endorsements, reinstatements, renewals, answering questions and solving concerns regarding their insurance policies in the office, over phone or electronically via email/text.
- Receive and submit claim information on client’s behalf – advocate as needed for client with the carrier.
- Establish and maintain client relationships and follow up with clients as needed.
- Determine client’s insurance needs and be able to recommend coverage and prepare quotes.
- Keep informed regarding industry information/standards, new product offerings, coverages, and technology to be able to best service clients’ needs.
- In-depth knowledge of computer system functions, procedures, coding and reporting for all carriers.
Qualifications and Skills
- Appropriate Property/Casualty State license(s). Minimum 3 years’ experience within insurance industry. At least one national designation, either AAI, CIC, CISR desired. Additional designations are highly desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of all lines of personal insurance, including sophisticated and less common coverages, especially those products represented through agency is highly desirable.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and listening.
- Strong organizational and computer skills.
- Willingness to learn, be intuitive and resourceful.
- Have a strong work ethic.
- Customer service focused.
- Experience with AMS360 desired.
Benefits: Medical, 401k, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
Job Type: Full Time
Forward resume and/or any questions to: Ashley@harborbrenn.com